This post compares the specs, features, and reviews of the Geekam 4k Action Camera against the GoPro Hero 5 and GoPro Hero 6 cameras to help you determine if it'd be a suitable less expensive GoPro alternative. For an in-depth look at the GoPros see our GoPro Buyer Guide.
Geekam vs GoPro
- Video Resolution: The Geekam can capture video at 4k/30fps which is the same resolution and frames per second as the GoPro Hero5 and less frames per second than the GoPro Hero6 which can capture video at 4K/60fps.
- Photo Resolution: The Geekam can take photos at 14MP resolution via a Panasonic CMOS which is a higher image resolution than the GoPro Hero5 and Hero6 camera which are 12MP.
- Waterproof Capabilities: The Geekam can be taken down to 100 feet underwater using its included waterproof case. The GoPros are waterproof without a case up to 33 feet.
- Storage Capacity: The Geekam can handle a 32GB card whereas the GoPro Hero5 and Hero6 allow up to a 128GB card.
- Voice Control: The Geekam does not offer voice control, whereas both the GoPro Hero5 and Hero6 do offer voice control.
- Outputs: The Geekam offers out output via HDMI, USB, and WiFi. The GoPro Hero5 and Hero6 have those outputs and additionally Bluetooth.
- Display: The Geekam has a non-touch 2″ color display. The GoPro Hero5 and Hero6 also have 2″ displays but they are touch screen.
- Batteries: The Geekam comes included with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh Li-ion batteries. The GoPro Hero5 and Hero6 come with one removable 1220mAh Lithium Ion battery each.
- Included Accessories: The Geekam comes included in the box: the camera, waterproof case, wireless remote control, two batteries, charging cables, and a selection of clips, mounts, and brackets. The GoPro Hero 5/6 come with the camera, one battery, and charging cables.
Geekam Action Camera Reviews: What do travelers think of this camera?
Compared to other low-end action cameras, reviewers say that the audio quality is better than alternatives. Some complained about the battery life not being what was advertised and others said the App doesn't work very well and is basically worthless. Reviewers also noted that other similarly priced GoPro alternatives came with a bigger bundle of accessories.
About Geekam the brand
Geekam is a Chinese manufactured camera. I could not find any information about the brand itself online as it seems it is only sold on Amazon and other marketplaces.
No products found.
- HERO6 black automatically sends your footage to your phone where the app turns it into a quik story...
- With 4k60 and 1080p240 video, HERO6 black delivers 2x the performance compared to HERO5 black with...
- With our most advanced video stabilization yet, HERO6 black captures super smooth footage, whether...
- Now featuring touch zoom and an updated UI, the 2 inch display makes it easy to frame shots, change...
- Featuring 5 GHZ Wi-Fi, you can copy photos and videos over to your phone 3x faster than with HERO5...
- Stunning 4k video and 12MP photos in single, burst and time lapse modes charger not included
- Durable by design, Hero5 black is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter) without a housing
- Additional GoPro Hero5 black features + benefits below on item page time lapse photo intervals: 05,...
- Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro
- Note: Check user manual on technical specification and instruction video available before use; audio...
Looking for more GoPro alternative?
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API