Last year I connected with Dr. Annie Holder, creator of The Travel Bra, and we ran a giveaway and a promotion together on this site. While I'm no expert on bras (I'm a dude incase you didn't know), I am interested in new and revolutionary products in the travel space, and so I was inspired by Dr. Annie to research the best bras for travelers to see what else was out there. I thought about asking one of my female writer to tackle this piece, but I'm fearless! Instead of playing my ‘guy card' on this one, I buckled down and did the research myself, from a completely outside perspective, to see what female travelers had to say on this topic. And here's what I found.
What makes a good travel bra?
Since I have no personal experience to answer this question, I looked to the experts. Here's what they had to say about choosing the best travel bra.
Jene' Luciani recommends:
- The Genie Bra as a t-shirt bra that can double as a sports bra.
- Champion Women's Double Dry Distance Underwire Sports Bra for great support during high impact activities
- Genie Women's Cami-Shaper for women who like to go bra-less
Finding the perfect fitting bra is apparently such a complicated task for women that she wrote an entire book on the subject called The Bra Book: An Intimate Guide to Finding the Right Bra, Shapewear, Swimsuit, and More!
Brooke Schoenman recommends:
- Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer for running and being active.
- ExOfficio Give N Go Crossover Bra for a bra with quick drying fabric and a flattering style.
- Patagonia Barely Wireless Bra for wearing with dresses and tank tops.
- And she recommends Dr. Annie's The Travel Bra as “the ultimate travel bra”
Rachel Jones recommends:
- Free People Bralettes for bandeau and halter style.
- Crochet Bras for when wearing outfits where your bra is going to show
- Body by Victoria Underwire Bras for wearing a nicer dress.
- Under Armour Sports Bras for exercising and extreme activities.
- And lastly she recommends simply wearing a bikini as a bra in humid climates!
Kim Caldwell recommends these non-underwire bras:
- Calvin Klein Modern Cotton Bralette for running around town or low impact activities.
- Gossamer Mesh Unwire Uplift Bra for their breathable mesh material and price point.
- Bella Materna Anytime Nursing Bra (that's right, a nursing bra) for its removable lining and six hooks on the band which makes it good for fitting many different sized women.
- Elila Leopard Lace Softcup Bra for women with a full bust.
- Anita Activity Comfort Sports Bra because it's available in A-G cups, super smooth, offers full coverage, and has wide adjustable straps and band.
- Hanky Panky Bralettes for their fun colors and patterns, although not as supportive as others.
- Simone Perele Wireless Bras for their aloe-infused lace!
Leyla Giray Alyanak recommends:
- ExOfficio's Crossover for “less chesty” women in hot climates and on long trips. (which Brooke Schoenman also recommended earlier).
- Panache Bras for a nicer looking sports bra.
- Moving Comfort's Fiona Bra for women on the larger side.
- And her other top picks were Calvin Klein's Iron Strength Bralette, Glamorise's MagicLift Sports Bra, Anita's Light and Firm Sports Bra, and the Criss Cross Strappy Yoga Sports Bra
Laura Lopuch recommends:
- Calvin Klein Women's Perfectly Fit Push Up Multiway Bra as an extremely versatile travel bra.
- Dr. Annie's The Travel Bra for stashing your valuables.
- Gossamer Mesh Unwire Uplift Bras for a solid everyday travel bra option with breathable mesh material.
- Top Secret Prop Top Bralette for straight up comfort while sacrificing a little support.
- Elila Leopard Lace Softcup Bra for fuller busts that need a little extra support without an underwire.
- CW-X Stabilyx Running Bra for its breathability and support web built into the cups.
Fas Abdul Gaffa recommends:
- Top Secret Prop Top Bralette for it's comfort and double layers which “makes sure you don’t have unnecessary nipple action on the plane”.
- Eberjey India Retro Bralet as a soft, underwireless sexy bra.
- C9 by Champion Racer Bra which she originally picked up for her Bikram yoga classes (go Bikram!) and feels its a good travel bra for the price.
Cindy Heazlit only packs two bras for her trips – one to wear and one to wash. She recommend these travel bra brands:
The Knixwear Evolution Bra because she feels that “everything that makes a good bra – and thus a good travel bra – is built into this piece.”
What's the best anti-theft travel bra?
All that above seems like great advice and recommendations for comfortable travel bras, but what about ones that help protect your valuables? (No, I mean your other valuables like your passport, credit cards, and cash.) It seems like Dr. Annie's The Travel Bra was the only bra out there that offers this type of protection, but aside from that novelty, does it pass the comfort test? Here's what travelers had to say about it.
You can check out The Travel Bra at www.thetravelbra.com and use discount code TRAVELISLIFE at checkout for 15% off
To 10 Best Selling Travel Bras
Opinions are great and all, but I find that data speaks volumes. So aside from reading what travelers had to say about their favorite travel bras, I also wanted to see which travel bras were selling the best. And here's what I found.
- Feather-lite fabric for second skin comfort
- Comfort band provides stay in place support
- Flexible foam cups provide shape and support
- Sleek styling virtually invisible under clothes
- Wire-free comfort bra with sweetheart neckline featuring hook-and-eye back closure
- Contrast sheen on trims
- Sleek silhouette gives you a seamless look under clothes
- Comfort flex fit 4-way stretch fabric provides a flexible fit that shapes to fit you
- Easy to fit! Smart sizes shape to fit you
- Patented SmoothTec band stays in place
- Flexible foam cups for natural shaping
- Super soft fabrication offers all day comfort
- 88% Polyester, 12% Spandex
- Full Coverage lining
- Hook and Eye closure
- Hand Wash
- A revolution in wirefree support, shaping and all-around comfort!
- Ultra-thin foam cups stretch for fit flexibility
- Knit-in, targeted 2-ply side and back support
- Soft comfortable band moves with you
- Comfort-U design for stay-in-place straps
- Extra side coverage panels smooth out underarm bulge
- Easy size makes it a snap to find the right fit
- Wider straps
- Pullover, full coverage bra with no closure and hardwire-free for ultimate comfort
- Wide straps and removeable foam cups for shaping and support
- No lines, no show with fused edges designed for an invisible look under clothing
- SmartComfort band and back for amazing fit and smoothing; targeted support zones for shaping and...
- Comfort Flex Fit sizing shapes to fit you; side flex panels offer additional stretch for easy on,...
- Seamless 4-way stretch fabric and wide straps give all-around comfort
- Special knit-in zones provide targeted support and Easy to fit! Smart Sizes Shape to Fit You
- Comfort-U design for stay-in-place straps
- Hook and eye closure for a custom fit with modern low neck line that won't show under deeper V-neck...
- Easy-to-understand smart sizes ; ComfortFlex Fit 4-way stretch fabric provides a flexible fit that...
- Adjustable straps easily convert from regular to criss-cross for convenient versatility
- Super soft fabric with a brushed surface on the inside of the cups for added comfort
- Tag-free for itch-free comfort.
- SLEEP BRAS: Wide elastic straps and wide band hem provide support for your bust, best choice for low...
- SUPER COMFORT: This comfortable bras is super soft, there will be no more struggle with your...
- ADDED STRETCH: This sleep bra has been added stretch, it is so elastic that will fit not only small...
- NON WIRED NO BUCKLE: Non-wired no buckle seamless with wide Straps so it will be your perfect...
- REMOVABLE PADDED BRA: This comfort bra is slightly padded on the front, which always retains its...
What's your favorite travel bra and why?
Hopefully this post helps save you some time doing research on what the experts say, but now I want to hear from you. In your experience, what's the best travel bra and why? Help each other out and leave your recommendations in the comments section below. Until next time my friends!
If you like it then you should've put a Pin on it!
Like this post and want to share it to your favorite travel or apparel boards? Use our special Pinterest friendly graphics below!
Last update on 2021-03-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API