Last year I connected with Dr. Annie Holder, creator of The Travel Bra, and we ran a giveaway and a promotion together on this site. While I'm no expert on bras (I'm a dude incase you didn't know), I am interested in new and revolutionary products in the travel space, and so I was inspired by Dr. Annie to research the best bras for travelers to see what else was out there. I thought about asking one of my female writer to tackle this piece, but I'm fearless! Instead of playing my ‘guy card' on this one, I buckled down and did the research myself, from a completely outside perspective, to see what female travelers had to say on this topic. And here's what I found.
What makes a good travel bra?
Since I have no personal experience to answer this question, I looked to the experts. Here's what they had to say about choosing the best travel bra.
Jene' Luciani recommends:
- The Genie Bra as a t-shirt bra that can double as a sports bra.
- Champion Women's Double Dry Distance Underwire Sports Bra for great support during high impact activities
- Genie Women's Cami-Shaper for women who like to go bra-less
Finding the perfect fitting bra is apparently such a complicated task for women that she wrote an entire book on the subject called The Bra Book: An Intimate Guide to Finding the Right Bra, Shapewear, Swimsuit, and More!
Brooke Schoenman recommends:
- Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer for running and being active.
- ExOfficio Give N Go Crossover Bra for a bra with quick drying fabric and a flattering style.
- Patagonia Barely Wireless Bra for wearing with dresses and tank tops.
- And she recommends Dr. Annie's The Travel Bra as “the ultimate travel bra”
Rachel Jones recommends:
- Free People Bralettes for bandeau and halter style.
- Crochet Bras for when wearing outfits where your bra is going to show
- Body by Victoria Underwire Bras for wearing a nicer dress.
- Under Armour Sports Bras for exercising and extreme activities.
- And lastly she recommends simply wearing a bikini as a bra in humid climates!
Kim Caldwell recommends these non-underwire bras:
- Calvin Klein Modern Cotton Bralette for running around town or low impact activities.
- Gossamer Mesh Unwire Uplift Bra for their breathable mesh material and price point.
- Bella Materna Anytime Nursing Bra (that's right, a nursing bra) for its removable lining and six hooks on the band which makes it good for fitting many different sized women.
- Elila Leopard Lace Softcup Bra for women with a full bust.
- Anita Activity Comfort Sports Bra because it's available in A-G cups, super smooth, offers full coverage, and has wide adjustable straps and band.
- Hanky Panky Bralettes for their fun colors and patterns, although not as supportive as others.
- Simone Perele Wireless Bras for their aloe-infused lace!
Leyla Giray Alyanak recommends:
- ExOfficio's Crossover for “less chesty” women in hot climates and on long trips. (which Brooke Schoenman also recommended earlier).
- Panache Bras for a nicer looking sports bra.
- Moving Comfort's Fiona Bra for women on the larger side.
- And her other top picks were Calvin Klein's Iron Strength Bralette, Glamorise's MagicLift Sports Bra, Anita's Light and Firm Sports Bra, and the Criss Cross Strappy Yoga Sports Bra
Laura Lopuch recommends:
- Calvin Klein Women's Perfectly Fit Push Up Multiway Bra as an extremely versatile travel bra.
- Dr. Annie's The Travel Bra for stashing your valuables.
- Gossamer Mesh Unwire Uplift Bras for a solid everyday travel bra option with breathable mesh material.
- Top Secret Prop Top Bralette for straight up comfort while sacrificing a little support.
- Elila Leopard Lace Softcup Bra for fuller busts that need a little extra support without an underwire.
- CW-X Stabilyx Running Bra for its breathability and support web built into the cups.
Fas Abdul Gaffa recommends:
- Top Secret Prop Top Bralette for it's comfort and double layers which “makes sure you don’t have unnecessary nipple action on the plane”.
- Eberjey India Retro Bralet as a soft, underwireless sexy bra.
- C9 by Champion Racer Bra which she originally picked up for her Bikram yoga classes (go Bikram!) and feels its a good travel bra for the price.
Cindy Heazlit only packs two bras for her trips – one to wear and one to wash. She recommend these travel bra brands:
The Knixwear Evolution Bra because she feels that “everything that makes a good bra – and thus a good travel bra – is built into this piece.”
What's the best anti-theft travel bra?
All that above seems like great advice and recommendations for comfortable travel bras, but what about ones that help protect your valuables? (No, I mean your other valuables like your passport, credit cards, and cash.) It seems like Dr. Annie's The Travel Bra was the only bra out there that offers this type of protection, but aside from that novelty, does it pass the comfort test? Here's what travelers had to say about it.
You can check out The Travel Bra at www.thetravelbra.com and use discount code TRAVELISLIFE at checkout for 15% off
To 10 Best Selling Travel Bras
Opinions are great and all, but I find that data speaks volumes. So aside from reading what travelers had to say about their favorite travel bras, I also wanted to see which travel bras were selling the best. And here's what I found.
- BUILT-IN COMFORT AND SUPPORT - TruSupport 4-way wireless support system with higher sides, fuller...
- NATURAL-LOOKING LIFT - Magic Ring construction with panels that support from the bottom up.
- A HERITAGE OF SUPERB SUPPORT - Built around the Playtex 18 Hour M-Frame, supporting women in comfort...
- KEEP YOUR COOL - Cool Comfort moisture-wicking jacquard fabric with delicate picot trim helps keep...
- NO-BULGE BACK AND SIDES - Stretch satin paneled for even more smooth comfort.
- Simple, easy sizing (XS-3XL)
- Side-smoothing panels
- Allover stretch, seamless comfort
- Wide, comfortable straps
- Super-soft comfort
- Convenient, front-adjustable straps
- Extra comfort band
- Wireless support
- SOFT AND LIGHT WITH A BARELY-THERE FEEL - Like wearing no bra at all, only better.
- DREAMY SUPPORT - Flexible, lightly lined foam cups gently shape and support.
- EASY CARE - Machine wash warm with like colors OR wash in cold water to reduce energy usage.
- THE BRA THAT DOES A DISAPPEARING ACT - Silky smooth, seamless cups let t-shirts and clingy clothes...
- STRATEGIC AIR FLOW - Lightweight mesh insets at the center front, sides, and back for breezy...
- SIZE OPTIONS - Easy to fit! Smart Sizes Shape to Fit You.
- A WIRELESS WONDER - Seamless design with knit-in zones provide targeted support exactly where you...
- NO-SLIP STRAPS - Wider straps with our no-slip Comfort-U design for stay-in-place straps.
- COOL COMFORT - Cool Comfort fabric helps wick moisture and keep you cool and comfortable.
- DESIGN DETAILS - 2-ply, non-foam cups flex to adapt to your shape, while a V front and deep U back...
- Side-smoothing panels
- Seamless comfort
- Simple, easy sizing (S-3XL)
- Wide, comfortable straps
- Designed to fit your shape with allover stretch fabric
- SUPPORT WITHOUT WIRES - Unlined cups and stay-in-place wide SmoothTec band provide the support you...
- MOVES EVERY WAY YOU DO - ComfortFlex Fit 4-way stretch fabric for a flexible fit that adapts to your...
- KEEP COOL, ALL DAY - Cool Comfort moisture-wicking fabric keeps you cool and comfortable, on those...
- DOES A DISAPPEARING ACT - This wireless bra offers 360-degree smoothing thanks to its smooth...
- COVERAGE YOU NEED - Full coverage, with wide stay-in-place straps for no-bulge back smoothing.
- Adjustable shoulder straps and extra bra extender - the front shoulder strap adjustment buckle and...
- Light and breathable semi-fixed bra pads - the bottom of the coasters are glued and fixed to ensure...
- Balance comfort and shape - We adopt the 3D support technology formed by jelly bars and W shape, and...
- Fashion and sweet design - chest V-neck, back U-shaped design, make you more delicate and elegant,...
- Suitable for any occasion - low neckline design, comfortable fabric, medium support, allowing you to...
- MOISTURE-WICKING - Cool Comfort fabric helps wick moisture and keep you cool and comfortable.
- COMFY SUPPORT - Ultra-thin foam cups stretch for a flexible fit.
- SMOOTH AND SHAPELY FROM EVERY ANGLE - Knit-in, targeted 2-ply side and back support, so you look...
- COMFORT BAND - Gently flexes to move with you.
- STAYS IN PLACE - Comfort-U design for stay-in-place straps and back.
- TWICE THE SUPPORT - Wirefree, seamless two-ply cups provide double support with a flexible fit.
- THOUGHTFUL CONSTRUCTION - Signature M-Frame cup construction provides flexible support.
- PRETTY, STRETCH FABRIC - Satiny lace-patterned jacquard stretches to move with you.
- COMFORT CLOSURE - Cushioned and tagless back closure won't pinch or dig.
- STAY-IN-PLACE STRAPS - Comfort-U design for stay-in-place straps.
What's your favorite travel bra and why?
Hopefully this post helps save you some time doing research on what the experts say, but now I want to hear from you. In your experience, what's the best travel bra and why? Help each other out and leave your recommendations in the comments section below. Until next time my friends!
If you like it then you should've put a Pin on it!
Like this post and want to share it to your favorite travel or apparel boards? Use our special Pinterest friendly graphics below!
Last update on 2024-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API